Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Well I underestimated the system requirements for Battlefront

Wow! The PC/Windows system requirements are slightly above what I was expecting. Talking about the RAM (computer's system memory) and the Graphics Card power.

CPU: Intel Core i3 6300T
-That's a processor that was released this year! Dual core at 3.3 Ghz with hyper threading. Basically telling you to invest in a full 4-core system if  you haven't already.

8GB of System RAM minimum (16 recommended). I only have 4 installed in this system now so I would be looking at an $80.00 dollar investment for 8 GB from the same brand and series I prefer. 

40 GB of Hard drive space is sort of the expected thing for "AAA" games these days so that's nothing all that noteworthy. 

Nvidia GTX 660 with 2 GB of VRAM. So I looked up the reference specs on Nvidia's website and that would be 960 Cuda cores at a clock speed of 980 MHz.  GDDR5 VRAM. This would be another $200.00 upgrade for me to get a GTX 960.





The beta for the game does look really nice on PC though. Frosbite engine and all.  Click on the video below to see Centerstrain01 play the Hoth multiplayer map


All this is just making me think of holding off and making a long term investment in a Sony PlayStation 4. The games I have wanted to play for the system have started coming out  and the e3 demo was using a PS4 and it looked smooth enough.



No comments:

Post a Comment