Saturday, February 28, 2015

Just a few thoughts on the passing on Monty Oum


The first time I ever saw or read about one of his works was when the premiere episode of Dead Fantasy was releasead and featured on GameTrailers. The short description caught my attention. Mixing Final Fantasy  and Dead or Alive characters and have them fight each other.

 I thought it was an amazing piece of fan work.  Yuna, Riku, Ayane, Kasumi. Using skills based on actual video game moves gave it an authentic feel and then the 2nd part/episode just blew me away with How Tifa showed up.


He accomplished something that great with RWBY. Going  from fan film maker to creating something that is recognized by Anime fans in a good way. Even getting picked up on streaming services  like Netflix (US) and Crunchyroll.

This is also a reminder for me. I know some people who have food allergies and I can't and shouldn't eat certain foods/ingredients around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment