Friday, May 16, 2014

Anime Still Airing on Local Broadcast TV in 2014

As far as my local TV stations are concerned. For better context I should say which area I live in.  I live in a suburb outside of Chicago, Illinois. We have local channels from 2 to 32. plus or minus if you add the digital sub-channels.

Well on channel 9/9.1 (WGN/CW) there is Anime shown on Saturday morning. A mix of older shows and newer shows. The Block is called "Vortexx" None of the titles will surprise you...




All times are in Central United States time and the shows are aired English-dubbed


Sonic X  8:00 AM
Yugioh 11:00 AM
Dragon Ball Z Kai  10:00 AM
Yugioh Zexal 11:30 AM
Digimon Fusion 10:30 AM




It's not all in one back to back go either. There are American shows like Spectacular Spider-Man and The Justice League series too. I consider these both to be good shows, just not Anime.



Sonic X and Yugioh and Dragonball Z Kai are old shows. I didn't even know that Sonic X has over 70 episodes. I remember watching a few episodes but the Human characters kept on reminding me of the bad game that is Sonic The Hedgehog (2006)  and Kai is just a re-edited DBZ. The classic Yu-gi-oh seems to be the show that re play on Chicago TV until the  license runs out!  Meaning that the newest shows on on the block are Digimon Fusion and Yugioh Zexal.






Official Website
http://myvortexx.com/


Offical Twitter
https://twitter.com/MyVortexx

No comments:

Post a Comment